Conference Meet

 


This weekend I had the opportunity to race at the Ohio Athletic Conference Meet, hosted by Mount Union. We left Friday morning and headed off on our long, but enjoyable drive. Every time we travel, I sit by my roommate and best friend, Olyvia. We sat behind Maus on the bus, which was a lot of fun. We were messing around with him the whole time, making the ride go by fast. The meet was a two-day meet, and I didn't race until Saturday, so Friday was a pretty easy day for me. I did our usual prerace run, stretched, and rolled out. It was nice to be able to cheer on my teammates and not stress about racing. The events ended around 7pm Friday night, and we headed for the hotel for team dinner. We had our typical prerace dinner, pasta! It was so good! After our dinner, we did our day 1 recap and then met to talk about our races tomorrow. At that point it was 9pm and a lot of us were tired by then. We headed up to our rooms and I hung out with Olyvia, JJ, and Sydney, my roommates for the trip. It was so much fun.

Saturday morning eventually came, and it was race day for me. I woke up, ate the hotel breakfast, and got ready for the meet. There's nothing that gets me more excited than putting on my uniform and doing my race day hair; two braids into a ponytail. I didn't race until 3 that day so I had some time to relax before. Eventually, it was time to warm up, and I went on my 2 mile run. I did my drills, stretched, strides, and then raced. I ended up placing 9th in the mile, running a one second personal best. Although I didn't do as great as I had hoped, my coaches and I agree that was the best I had raced this whole indoor season and I even ran my best time. Overall, the conference meet was so much fun and such a memorable experience. I'm so happy I'm a freshman because these seasons are going by way too quick. Indoor is done for me now but that doesn't mean I'm not racing anytime soon. Outdoor has already started, and I'm racing again in less than a month. I can't wait!

 

 

Comments

  1. It has only been a week since our last game, and I miss the team travel so much! Countless memories are made on those long bus rides and hotel stays. Congrats on your PR! Even though you didn't run like you wanted, you still improved. I cannot imagine all the work that goes into track. It takes a special type of person to run as their sport. Goodluck in outdoor season! I'm sure I'll come out to watch some meets.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Final Blog

First Outdoor Track Meet!

Lima Trip!